Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Restaurant Philosophy

Training at every restaurant chain I've worked at has begun with what they claimed to be a philosophy. Usually, that "philosophy" turns out to be we give great service and serve great food. Good things at a restaurant, but, sorry, not a philosophy. More like a strategy. My first day at P.F. Changs today at least involved some actual reference to philosophy...I'm told the Salmon Salad incorporates the concept of yin and yang--the cold of the lettuce with the hot of the salmon, the land that provides vegetation with the sea that harbors fish. Alright, that counts.

4 Comments:

Blogger chuck b. said...

The best restaurant philosophy's all happening at the bar!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Verily the ambience unseen
do'th make'th lettuce less green
when yon cooks cavort and preen
and put'th into stew things unseen
The Lonely Donut Man (LDM)

9:03 AM  
Blogger MadisonMan said...

I've been to the PFCs in Madison once, and it tasted very corporate to me -- as if the food were manufactured at a plant somewhere in, oh, Honduras, flash-frozen and trucked in for eventual re-constitution.

I'll stick with Imperial Gardens.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Chris Althouse Cohen said...

Idm: That was hilarious.

Madisonman: I think the food is excellent.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home